Picking the Right Glass
- Glassware does a lot more than just hold beverages.
- Try to pick the right glass for the right beer.
- The shape and size of your glass will enhance the aromas and flavours and create a more enjoyable experience.
- Stemmed glasses can be enjoyed for both lagers and ales but for different reasons.
- Lagers are thirst quenchers and your hand should stay away from the body of the glass (warms up the beer).
- Ales are full bodied and robust and sometimes need the warmth of your hand to bring out all of the great flavours and aromas.
Do’s and Don’ts (Mostly Don’ts)
- Never hold glassware in bouquets (the oils from your fingers cling to the inside)
- Never stack glasses (scratches and oily residue from the outside of the glass)
- Never store glassware in overhead racks (picks up odours and bacteria)
- Avoid glass contact with beer tap (bacteria just looking for a home)
- Never put silverware into glasses.
- Never use beer glasses for any other beverages.
Download PDF: “About Kwarx”